Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Loveland 2/7

I decided to check lakes around the Loveland area today. I was surprised to find out the Donath Reservoir, Horseshoe Lake, Boyd Lake, and Lake Loveland was frozen. When I got to Ryan's Gulch Reservoir it still had a bunch of open water with a lot of birds, but nothing new. Cattail Pond was also open and a lot more open than yesterday. Here the Trumpeter Swan was gone as was all the Canvasback and the Gadwall.
                                                   American Wigeon

Bud Mielke Reservoir had more open water than I have seen it so far this year. I then went to Lon Hagler and there was a little bit of open water, but the only birds I could find was 3 Ring-billed Gulls.
On my way towards my house I decided to stop by the feeders at Nadine Ct. There was a ton of birds at this location, but I couldn't find anything of interest. I was able to get some good photos though.
                                                          Blue Jay

                                                         Blue Jay

                                                       Song Sparrow

                                                 Eurasian Collared-Dove

The last stop was at Connie Kogler's House to try to see the Harris's Sparrow. After a long 40 minute wait while watching the good numbers of birds I finally spotted the Harris's Sparrow fly into a shrub. It stayed for about 3 minutes while I was able to take quite a few pictures. Thank you for letting me visit your house again Connie.
                                                     Harris's Sparrow

                                                      Harris's Sparrow

                                                     Harris's Sparrow

                                                American Tree Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment