Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Southeast Loveland 1/24

I didn't a quick jaunt around the Cattail Pond area on my way to work. Lon Hagler Reservoir only had 2 Ring-billed Gulls flying around the area. I then went to Bud Mielke Reservoir, I was finally able to find a small flock of 12 Great-tailed Grackles (116) at their usual spot hanging out with 32 Brewer's Blackbirds. At Cattail Pond most of the usual birds were still around, but in greater numbers than last week. Canvasback numbers keep going up as I counted 39 and the Trumpeter Swan is still around. I was not able to find the female Bufflehead that has been around, but it can be easy to miss. Just before leaving a saw 3 eagles flying over with 1 adult Golden Eagle, 1 adult Bald Eagle, and a juvenile Bald Eagle. The only birds of interest at Ryan's Gulch Reservoir was the pair of Hooded Mergansers that is back from moving over to Cattail Pond.
Kechter Pit on the southwest side of I-25 and Harmony had a bunch of Ring-billed Gulls and a single male Hooded Merganser.

No comments:

Post a Comment