Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Work 1/4

A day of work can be exhausting, but if you can get out on a lunch break is a good way to get back to being relaxed. On my lunch break I did what I always like to do, go to Timnath Reservoir. There was very little open water and the only birds on the water was Canada Geese, Common Goldeneye, and American Coots. I was able to see a Northern Harrier flyby though and there was a small flock of Horned Larks in the parking lot when I pulled up, two more Larimer County year birds. Then I decided to drive around for a little while and while stopped by the marsh a Marsh Wren started calling and I was eventually able to get a good look at it. Larimer County Year Bird 81 in the first four days of the year. After work I stopped by Fossil Creek Reservoir. Despite the ducks being on the far side of the reservoir I was able to ID most of them, but couldn't find anything interesting other than several Bufflehead. The most exciting part at this location was seeing 24 Bald Eagles with 10 of them being in the same tree. The last bird of the day was a Great Horned Owl that I saw flying in north Loveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment